- Anna Williams
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7019
- Email: email@example.com
Anna has been practising as a commercial and insurance litigation lawyer for over 15 years.
Prior to joining Yeldham Price O’Brien Lusk in November 2012, Anna was a Senior Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth for seven years. Anna also gained her experience at the Bar, specialising in insurance litigation, and as a solicitor at Phillips Fox.
Anna is experienced in the defence of all types of liability claims, particularly property damage claims, and has extensive experience running large scale complex commercial litigation.
She is an experienced advocate and has appeared in matters in most jurisdictions including the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, District Court, Local Court and the Workers Compensation Commission.
Anna’s areas of experience include:
- Insurance litigation
- Professional indemnity
- Product and general liability claims
- Insurance coverage
- Mortgage title insurance
- Building and construction disputes
- Commercial litigation
- Medical negligence
Anna’s recent experience includes:
- conduct of a range of complex commercial and insurance matters for a multi‑national construction company
- providing advice to a mortgage title insurer in connection with forged mortgage documents
- the defence of professional negligence claims against several engineering and architect firms
- the defence of a professional negligence claim against a certifier by a local council
- advising and defending directors of a company against allegations of being knowingly concerned in misleading and deceptive conduct
- acting on behalf of a construction company in relation to first party project insurance claims and damages claims against subcontractors
- providing coverage advice on a range of insurance policies
- acting for a carbon management consultancy to defeat a creditors statutory demand
- successfully negotiating walk away settlements in several matters including for a national real estate investment company in regard to a property recovery action and an asbestos removalist subcontractor in regard to a property damages claim
- advising financial planners on PI insurance coverage and defending disputes lodged with the Financial Ombudsman Service
- advising a corporation in relation to the interpretation and application of an exclusion clause as it related to a construction agreement
Anna is a member of the New South Wales Law Society, the Association for Women in Insurance, the Australian Insurance Law Association, the NSW Claims Discussion Group and the Australian Professional Indemnity Group Inc.