- Julia Turner
- Special Counsel
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7059
- Email: email@example.com
Julia is an experienced solicitor who specialises in insurance, construction and commercial litigation.
Julia holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Technology Sydney. She was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales in 2003 and the High Court in 2007.
Prior to joining Yeldham Price O’Brien Lusk, Julia obtained her experience in insurance and commercial litigation at Phillips Fox (now known as DLA) and in construction and commercial litigation at Blake Dawson (now known as Ashurst).
Julia’s areas of focus include:
- Insurance, professional indemnity and general liability litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Building and construction disputes
- Corporate and compliance advice (particularly with an insurance focus)
Julia’s experience includes:
- professional indemnity claims against professionals including solicitors, architects, engineers and valuers;
- D&O claims;
- financial lines coverage disputes and advice;
- building and construction disputes;
- commercial disputes;
- reinsurance coverage and compliance issues;
- reviewing insurance and reinsurance policy wordings, drafting policy wording;
- advising insurers on regulatory amendments and compliance issues.
Some particular examples of Julia’s experience are
- successfully acting for a public company in defence of a constructive trust claim by a university for the ownership of intellectual property which also involved issues regarding an IPO and breach of director’s duties (University of Western Australia v Gray (No. 20)  FCA 498);
- acting in a successful appeal to the High Court in a claim concerning wrongful termination of employment and principles of contract law (Timothy Visscher v The Honourable President Justice Giudice & Ors  HCA 34);
- obtaining landmark High Court judgments defending the constitutional validity of the race fields fees on thoroughbred and harness racing in NSW (Betfair Pty Ltd v Racing New South Wales  HCA 12 and Sportsbet Pty Ltd v New South Wales  HCA 13).
Julia is a member of the New South Wales Law Society, APIG, Women in Insurance and the NSW Claims Discussion Group.