- Sam Bagnall
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7067
- Email: email@example.com
Sam holds a Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney. He was admitted as a solicitor of the High Court and Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2013.
Prior to joining YPOL, Sam was employed as the Tipstaff to the Honourable Justice Backman of the Industrial Court of New South Wales.
Sam’s jurisdictional experience extends to the District and Supreme Courts of NSW (including the Court of Appeal), the Federal Court of Australia (including the Full Court) and the High Court of Australia.
Sam’s areas of expertise include general and commercial litigation as well as professional indemnity. Some of his recent experience includes the following:
- assisting with the defence of professional negligence proceedings on behalf of solicitors in NSW (King v Benecke  NSWCA 399);
- assisting in the conduct of preliminary discovery applications (Rinehart & Anor v Rinehart & Anor  NSWSC 1201);
- assisting with the preparation and conduct of judicial review applications (Duncan v ICAC McGuigan v ICAC Kinghorn v ICAC Cascade Coal v ICAC  NSWSC 1018);
- assisting with the preparation and conduct of High Court constitutional challenges to the validity of State legislation (Duncan v New South Wales; NuCoal Resources Limited v New South Wales; Cascade Coal Pty Limited v New South Wales  HCA 13 and Duncan v Independent Commission Against Corruption  HCA 32);
- assisting with the drafting of applications under relevant freedom of information legislation including applications for review in relevant tribunals; and
- acting for persons involved in corporate regulatory investigations.
Sam is a member of the New South Wales Law Society.