Anna has been practising as an insurance litigation and commercial lawyer for 25 years, assisting insurers across a wide range of industries.
Prior to joining YPOL Lawyers in 2012, Anna was a senior associate at a top tier firm. Anna also gained her experience at the Bar, specialising in insurance litigation, and as a solicitor at Phillips Fox where she commenced practice in 1998.
Anna is experienced in the defence of all types of liability claims, particularly property damage including construction, personal injury and professional negligence claims. She also has extensive experience running large scale complex commercial litigation. Her expertise extends to defence management and coverage advice and acting for insurers in indemnity disputes.
Anna has acted for insurers, corporations and individuals in most jurisdictions including the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, the NSW Court of Appeal, the Supreme Courts of New South Wales, Western Australia, Tasmania and Queensland, the NSW District Court and Local Court.
Her philosophy is to provide meaningful advice which is straight forward and responsive.
Particular examples of Anna’s experience are:
- Acting in defence of claims brought against engineers, certifiers, architects, strata managing agents, lawyers, civil contractors and excavation contractors
- Acting for construction companies in defence of claims for damages and breaches of statutory duty brought by Sydney Water, Ausgrid and Telstra for damage to underground services and property
- Acting for an excavation contractor in proceedings in the Supreme Court of Tasmania brought by multiple parties for significant damages as a result of the collapse of an underpinned wall and subsequent flooding
- Acting for a civil contractor (and underwriters after the insured was deregistered), in its defence of multi-party proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales where substantial damages were sought for damage to a property neighbouring a construction site in Double Bay
- Advising and acting for a mining operator in its successful defence of a claim for personal injury brought by a labour hire worker in the District Court of New South Wales at Newcastle: Leman v HV Operations Pty Limited  NSWDC 11
- Advising and acting for insurers, including Lloyd’s towers, in the defence of large scale indemnity litigation
- Advising insurers with respect to the availability of dual insurance