With over a decade of experience, Jessica is an effective and industrious litigator with a strong passion for law. She has extensive expertise in a range of commercial litigation and professional indemnity matters in all major Australian jurisdictions.
Jessica’s focus includes disputes in corporate governance, commercial arbitrations, insurance, professional indemnity, commercial agreements, trusts and estate, and intellectual property.
Jessica is highly motivated to drive efficient and successful legal outcomes for her clients.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Wollongong (2009)
- Bachelor of Media and Communications, University of Wollongong (2009)
Particular examples of Jessica’s experience are:
- Acting for a party to a major domestic commercial arbitration conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Act 2012 (WA): Rinehart v Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd (2019) 267 CLR 514
- Advising and acting for clients in connection with the participation in and recognition and enforcement of confidential commercial arbitrations
- Acting for a party in connection with major litigation concerning the ownership of mining tenements in the Supreme Court of Western Australia: Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd v DFD Rhodes Pty Ltd (2020) 55 WAR 435
- Conducting a major dispute concerning intellectual property and oppression proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria in conjunction with satellite litigation in Japan and China: Knights Quest Pty Ltd v Daiwa Can Company (2018) 366 ALR 557; Knights Quest Pty Ltd v Daiwa Can Company  VSC 426
- Assisting in the successful defence of proceedings arising from a share sale: Addenbrooke Pty Ltd v Duncan (No 2) (2017) 348 ALR 1; Addenbrooke Pty Limited v Duncan (No 6) (2015) 107 ACSR 600
- Acting for the successful plaintiffs in a landmark family trust dispute: Hancock and Rinehart v Rinehart and Ors (2015) 106 ACSR 207
- Advising and assisting in the conduct of professional indemnity claims against solicitors and other professionals