Social media – risks and insurances
Social media enables businesses and individuals to communicate, share information and interact in a seemingly informal way. This paper discusses some of the risks and insurance issues that can arise out of this increasingly popular technology.
Significant cases, legislation or articles referred to
- ACCC v Allergy Pathway Pty Limited (No 2)  FCA 74
- Glen Stutsel v Linfox Australia Pty Limited  FWA 8444
- Dow Jones v Gutnick  HCA 56
- Zippo Manufacturing Company v Zippo Dot Com, Inc 952 F Supp 1119 (WD Pa, 1997)
- Barrick Gold Corporation v Lopehandia  O.J. No. 2329