- Alexandra Bartlett
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandra is an experienced commercial and insurance litigator. She
was admitted as a solicitor in the Australian Capital Territory and to the
Federal Court in October 2004, and then to the Supreme Court of New
South Wales in 2005.
Alexandra holds a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor
of Laws from the Australian National University.
Prior to joining YPOL, Alexandra gained considerable experience at two
national firms as well as at the NSW bar. Her expertise is in the area of
professional negligence claims where she regularly acts for insured
professionals such as lawyers, accountants, architects and engineers on
behalf of national and international insurers. Alexandra also has an
extensive background in directors and officers liability in both coverage
and defence counsel capacities.
Alexandra has represented clients in various Australian jurisdictions
including at appellate level.
Alexandra’s experience includes:
- acting on behalf of a successful defendant (and then respondent on
appeal) in a complicated professional negligence claim, which
principally turned on the question of causation: King v Benecke
 NSWCA 399;
- acting in contested probate proceedings: de Angelis v Laundy 
- acting on behalf of a successful defendant in obtaining summary
dismissal of proceedings based on the principle of advocate’s
immunity: White v Forster  NSWCA 245;
- acting in a successful appeal to the High Court on the issue of
whether a representative action was properly constituted and
whether litigation funding was an abuse of process; Campbells Cash
and Carry Pty Ltd v Fostif Pty Ltd (2006) 229 CLR 386;
- acting on behalf of lawyers, accountants and other professionals in
the defence of professional indemnity claims, including defending
lawyers and other professionals in disciplinary proceedings;
- advising insurers on complicated coverage issues, mostly in the
financial lines area;
- appearing in and instructing counsel to appear in coronial inquests;
- acting in the defence of claims involving breaches of intellectual
- acting in trust and other commercial disputes.
Alexandra is a member of the Law Society of NSW, the Australian
Insurance Law Association, Women In Insurance, Australian
Professional Indemnity Group, and the NSW Claims Discussion Group.
She also has a position on the AILA Twilight Seminar Committee.