- Anna Williams
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7019
- Email: email@example.com
Anna has been practising as an insurance litigation and commercial
lawyer for over 20 years.
Prior to joining YPOL Lawyers in November 2012, Anna was a Senior
Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth for seven years. Anna also
gained her experience at the Bar, specialising in insurance litigation, and
as a solicitor at Phillips Fox where she commenced practice in 1998.
Anna is experienced in the defence of all types of liability claims,
particularly property damage, personal injury and professional
negligence claims. She also has extensive experience running large
scale complex commercial litigation. Her expertise extends to
defence management and coverage advice and acting for insurers in
Anna is an experienced advocate and has appeared in matters in most
jurisdictions including the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, District Court,
Local Court and the Workers Compensation Commission.
Her philosophy is to provide meaningful advice which is straight forward
Anna’s areas of experience include:
- Insurance litigation
- Professional indemnity
- Product and general liability claims
- Insurance coverage
- Mortgage title insurance
- Building and construction disputes
- Commercial litigation
Anna’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for various construction companies in defence of claims for
damages and breaches of statutory duty brought by Sydney Water
Corporation for damage to its underground services.
- Advising and acting for a construction company in its successful
defence of a claim for contribution brought by a Bluescope entity in
the District Court in Wollongong.
- Acting for a construction company in its defence of a personal injury
claim brought by a labour-hire employee in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for civil contractors in defence of a Supreme Court recovery
action for damage to property as a result of soot contamination.
- Acting for a civil contractor (and underwriters after the insured
deregistered), in its defence of Supreme Court proceedings where
substantial damages were sought for damage to a property
neighbouring a construction site in Double Bay.
- Advising insurers in respect of the operation of an underground
services exclusion clause and an asbestos extension.
- Advising demolition and removal contractors in respect of separate
claims for alleged asbestos contamination.
- Advising and acting for a mining operator in its successful defence of
a claim for personal injury brought by a sub-contractor in the District
Court at Newcastle.
- Advising and acting for a head contractor in its successful defence of
a claim for personal injury brought by a sub-contractor in the
Supreme Court at Sydney.
- Conducting the defence of a range of professional negligence claims
including against engineers, architects, strata managing agents,
certifiers and real estate agents.
Anna is a member of the New South Wales Law Society, the
Association for Women in Insurance, the Australian Insurance Law
Association, the NSW Claims Discussion Group and the Australian
Professional Indemnity Group Inc.