- Anna Williams
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7019
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna has been practising as an insurance litigation and commercial lawyer for over 20 years.
Prior to joining YPOL Lawyers in November 2012, Anna was a Senior Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth for seven years. Anna also gained her experience at the Bar, specialising in insurance litigation, and as a solicitor at Phillips Fox where she commenced practice in 1998.
Anna is experienced in the defence of all types of liability claims, particularly property damage, personal injury and professional negligence claims. She also has extensive experience running large scale complex commercial litigation. Her expertise extends to defence management and coverage advice and acting for insurers in indemnity disputes.
Anna is an experienced advocate and has appeared in matters in most jurisdictions including the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, District Court, Local Court and the Workers Compensation Commission.
Her philosophy is to provide meaningful advice which is straight forward and responsive.
Anna’s areas of experience include:
- Insurance litigation
- Professional indemnity
- Product and general liability claims
- Insurance coverage
- Mortgage title insurance
- Building and construction disputes
- Commercial litigation
Anna’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for various construction companies in defence of claims for damages and breaches of statutory duty brought by Sydney Water Corporation for damage to its underground services.
- Advising and acting for a construction company in its successful defence of a claim for contribution brought by a Bluescope entity in the District Court in Wollongong.
- Acting for a construction company in its defence of a personal injury claim brought by a labour-hire employee in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for civil contractors in defence of a Supreme Court recovery action for damage to property as a result of soot contamination.
- Acting for a civil contractor (and underwriters after the insured deregistered), in its defence of Supreme Court proceedings where substantial damages were sought for damage to a property neighbouring a construction site in Double Bay.
- Advising insurers in respect of the operation of an underground services exclusion clause and an asbestos extension.
- Advising demolition and removal contractors in respect of separate claims for alleged asbestos contamination.
- Advising and acting for a mining operator in its successful defence of a claim for personal injury brought by a sub-contractor in the District Court at Newcastle.
- Advising and acting for a head contractor in its successful defence of a claim for personal injury brought by a sub-contractor in the Supreme Court at Sydney.
- Conducting the defence of a range of professional negligence claims including against engineers, architects, strata managing agents, certifiers and real estate agents.
Anna is a member of the New South Wales Law Society, the Association for Women in Insurance, the Australian Insurance Law Association, the NSW Claims Discussion Group and the Australian Professional Indemnity Group Inc.