- Bharat Vekria
- Senior Associate
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7046
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bharat was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2001, as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2009 and the Federal and High Court of Australia in 2018.
Bharat has extensive litigation experience from his time practising in England and is also experienced in international cross-border personal injury litigation.
Bharat specialises in acting for Defendants in complex claims resulting from latent diseases in a range of Australian jurisdictions.
Bharat’s experience includes:
- Assisting in the conduct of Heil v Rankin  2 WLR 1173 CA – considered whether the Court of Appeal was the appropriate forum to consider the Law Commission’s Report which dealt with the remedy for damages for monetary and non-monetary loss;
- Assisting in the conduct of Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd v Bluescope Steel Ltd  NSWCA 276 – provisions of s.18 of the Insurance Act 1902 (NSW);
- Assisting in the conduct of a special leave application to the High Court in an asbestos related claim – Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd v Pomfret & Another  HCA Trans 225 and;
- Assisting in the conduct of CGU Insurance Ltd v AAI Limited  NSWCA 335 – Provisions of Section 151AB of the Workers Compensation Act 1987.
Bharat is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales, the Law Society of England and Wales and the Australian Insurance Law Association.