- Daniel Ryan
- Phone: 061 2 9231 7023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) and a Juris Doctor from the University of Western Australia.
Daniel is employed as a solicitor with YPOL. He previously worked for the firm as a paralegal and as a law-graduate. Prior to joining YPOL, Daniel worked at a full-service law firm in Perth as a paralegal in commercial litigation.
Daniel’s experience includes:
- assisting with the conduct of proceedings in administrative law and relevant appeals: Golden v V’landys  NSWCA 120;
- assisting with advice, strategy and conduct of defamation proceedings: V’landys v Australian Broadcasting Corporation  FCA 1264;
- assisting in the conduct of commercial proceedings in the Supreme Court of Western Australia including applications to stay those proceedings: Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd v DFD Rhodes Pty Ltd  WASCA 77 (S);
- assisting in the conduct of special leave applications in the High Court of Australia;
- assisting with the conduct of defending professional claims against solicitors;
- assisting in the conduct of commercial proceedings in the New South Wales Supreme Court including appeals;
- familiarity with proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, District Court of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia and other jurisdictions;
- assisting in the conduct of costs proceedings including assessment and gross sum applications in various jurisdictions: Young v Racing NSW (No 2)  NSWDC 785; and
- assisting in the preparation and research for advice in connection with commercial disputes.