- Jacqueline Cassar
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacqueline holds a Bachelor of Arts – Psychology and a Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University along with a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Australian National University.
Jacqueline was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in April 2013.
Prior to joining YPOL, Jacqueline was employed as a legal support to a prominent Queen’s Counsel.
Jacqueline’s practice focuses on public and product liability claims as well as commercial litigation. She assists with the defence of both litigated and non litigated claims for national and international insurers and reinsurers where her jurisdictional experience extends to Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania.
Jacqueline’s areas of expertise include:
- assisting with the defence of public liability and property damage claims against large shopping centres and RSL and community clubs;
- advising insurers on claims arising from the manufacture and supply of defective construction materials;
- assisting with claims involving cleaning and maintenance contractors and sub-contractors and advising insurers on complex coverage issues arising between co-defendant contractors;
- assisting with the defence of recreational public liability claims relating to go‑kart facilities, horse-riding schools and gymnasiums;
- advising insurers on the defence of claims regarding day‑care centres and educational facilities;
- assisting with the defence of claims involving fraud; and
- advising insurers on coverage issues relating to professionals in the financial services industry.
Jacqueline is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales.