- Jessica Thompson
- Senior Associate
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7069
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Media and Communications from the University of Wollongong.
She was admitted to practice as a solicitor in February 2010.
Jessica joined YPOL in 2012 with a diverse background in law having previously worked for five and a half years at a boutique law firm.
Jessica has developed strong litigation expertise in conducting a wide range of proceedings in all jurisdictions in New South Wales including in particular the Supreme Court and Federal Court. She also has experience in conducting proceedings in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Jessica’s areas of experience include:
- Insurance, professional indemnity and general liability
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
Examples of Jessica’s experience includes:
- successfully acting for the plaintiffs in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings with regards to the conduct of a multibillion dollar family trust (Hancock and Rinehart v Rinehart and Ors  NSWSC 646)
- assisting in the successful defence of a claim for misleading and deceptive conduct in the Federal Court of Australia (Addenbrooke Pty Limited v Duncan (No 6)  FCA 793);
- assisting in the conduct of professional indemnity claims against solicitors and other professionals;
- advising and assisting in matters relating to trust disputes, including breach of trust and constructive trusts;
- advising and assisting in matters involving allegations of fraud and misleading and deceptive conduct in the Federal Court of Australia;
- advising and assisting in matters representing a credit-impaired lender in professional indemnity claims and in the recovery of outstanding loan amounts from delinquent borrowers;
- assisting with hearings at a Supreme Court and Federal Court level, including instructing at hearing, preparation and advice; and
- initiating and progressing bankruptcy proceedings.
Jessica is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales and the Australian Insurance Law Association.