|Joelene was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia in February 2015.
Joelene holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales.
Joelene has a broad commercial practice. Examples of Joelene’s experience includes:
- assisting in the conduct of commercial litigation in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the Federal Court of Australia, and the High Court of Australia;
- assisting in the conduct of a successful defence of oppression proceedings (Australian Institute of Fitness Pty Limited v Australian Institute of Fitness (Vic/Tas) Pty Limited (No 3)  NSWSC 1639);
- assisting in the conduct of proceedings concerning the application of international law: (Ure v The Commonwealth of Australia & Anor  FCAFC 8);
- assisting in the conduct of trust proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales (Hancock and Rinehart v Rinehart & Ors  NSWSC 642);
- assisting in the conduct of professional negligence claims, including against solicitors, accountants and architects; and
- assisting insurers with the conduct of indemnity disputes, recovery actions and acting as coverage and monitoring counsel for significant financial lines claims.
Joelene is a member of the Law Society of NSW.