- Joelene Luu
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7068
- Email: email@example.com
Joelene was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South
Wales, the Federal Court and the High Court of Australia in February
Joelene holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from the
University of New South Wales.
Joelene joined YPOL as a paralegal in 2014 following three years of
experience as a barrister’s clerk where she assisted with litigation in the
areas of public liability, medical negligence, workplace injury, motor
accidents and dust diseases compensation claims.
Joelene’s experience to date includes:
- assisting in the conduct of commercial litigation in the Supreme
Court, the Federal Court and the High Court;
- assisting in the conduct of a successful defence in oppression
proceedings and a shareholder dispute: Australian Institute of
Fitness Pty Limited v Australian Institute of Fitness (Vic/Tas)
Pty Limited (No 3)  NSWSC 1639;
- assisting in the conduct of proceedings concerning the
application of international law: Ure v The Commonwealth of
Australia & Anor  FCAFC8;
- assisting in the conduct of trust proceedings in the Supreme
Court of New South Wales: Hancock and Rinehart v Rinehart
& Ors  NSWSC 642;
- assisting and advising on commercial transactions and contracts;
- assisting in the conduct of professional negligence claims against
- assisting insurers with the conduct of indemnity disputes and
- assisting with the conduct and defence of public liability, medical
negligence, motor accidents, dust diseases compensation and
recreational sporting claims; and
- assisting with the conduct of a Royal Commission Into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (public hearing into the responses of the State to complaints made and litigation instituted by former residents of Bethcar Children’s Home, Case Study 19).
Joelene is a member of the Law Society of NSW.