- Julia Cantarella
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South
Wales in October 2012.
Julia holds a Juris Doctor in law from the University of Technology,
Sydney and a Bachelor of Criminology from the University of New South
Prior to joining YPOL, Julia was employed in the litigation team of a mid
tier firm. She has also worked as an in-house adviser with a national
insurer where she assisted with litigation in the areas of public liability,
workplace injury and dust diseases compensation.
Julia has experience in a range of Australian jurisdictions including New
South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and Western Australia.
Some examples of Julia’s experience include:
- assisting with the defence of public liability claims against licensed
owners/operators of nightclubs, RSL’s and retail shopping centres;
- assisting with the conduct of a special leave application to the High
Court in an asbestos related claim – Allianz Australia Insurance
Limited v Pomfret & Anor  HCATrans 225 (11 September
- advising and assisting with the defence of labour hire claims in the
mining and construction industries;
- assisting with the defence of property damage claims arising from
the defective design and construction of commercial premises.
Julia is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales, the Australian
Professional Indemnity Group, the Association for Women in Insurance
and the New South Wales Claims Discussion Group.