- Michelle White
- Special Counsel
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7018
- Email: email@example.com
Michelle is an experienced commercial and insurance litigation lawyer. She was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales and Queensland in 1997.
Michelle holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours IIA) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland.
Prior to joining YPOL, Michelle was a Senior Associate at Phillips Fox (now DLA Piper).
Michelle’s areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity insurance (against solicitors, engineers, valuers, trustees and other professionals);
- directors’ and officers’ insurance;
- policy construction and indemnity advice;
- insurance coverage disputes and advice;
- financial lines;
- fidelity insurance;
- company securities;
- building and construction disputes;
- dust diseases litigation;
- commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Michelle’s experience includes:
- acting on behalf of NSW lawyers in defending professional negligence claims, and in respect of commercial transaction advice and mortgage lending;
- acting for leading Australian consulting engineers in the defence of engineering and construction claims;
- conducting mediations and other alternative dispute resolutions, including an engineering dispute in Malaysia.
- professional indemnity coverage advice in relation to multiple class action claims against a professional trustee for investment debentureholders;
- crime coverage policy advice for claims of employee theft;
- coverage advice in respect of professional services insurance cover issued to an insurer, relating to contribution with respect to settlement negotiations (having regard to covered versus uncovered losses) and allocation of defence costs;
- acting as coverage and monitoring counsel in respect of excess of loss insurance exposure for company securities policies relating to numerous class action claims in relation to corporate continuous disclosure obligations;
- acting as coverage counsel in respect of significant excess of loss insurance exposures relating to large scale compensation programs for inappropriate financial advice by a leading Australian bank;
- acting as coverage and monitoring counsel in respect of significant excess of loss insurance exposures relating to the imposition of civil penalties upon a leading Australian bank by an Australian government financial intelligence agency.
Michelle is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales.