- Sarah Basarge
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7058
- Email: email@example.com
Sarah holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand.
She was admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the New Zealand High Court in 2013, and as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Federal Court and High Court of Australia in 2018.
Prior to joining YPOL, Sarah was employed in a boutique insurance firm acting for insurers in professional indemnity litigation. She also has considerable experience working as a Judge’s clerk at the High Court in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Sarah specialises in providing coverage advice and acting as defence counsel for local and international insurers on professional indemnity claims against a wide range of professionals including solicitors, engineers, and architects.
Some examples of the types of professional liability work in which Sarah has been involved are:
- numerous claims for civil, structural and fire engineers in connection with defective buildings, including schools;
- acting for lawyers in professional negligence claims, including in relation to personal injury proceedings;
- acting for geotechnical engineers in relation to negligence claims, including in relation to asbestos;
- acting for architects in relation to claims involving aspects of defective design; and
- defence of medical malpractice claims against laser and beauty clinics.
Sarah is a member of the New South Wales Law Society, the Australian Insurance Law Association, the Australian Professional Indemnity Group and the Association for Women in Insurance.