- OUR EXPERIENCE -
Professional indemnity defence
We are experienced in the area of professional indemnity defence and other work for medical practitioners and allied health individuals and bodies.
Examples of our expertise include:
- Conducting the defence of professional negligence claims against cosmetic surgery professionals and clinics, tattoo removal professionals and skin treatment professionals, and advising on indemnity
- Appearing on behalf of a medical centre at an inquest involving the death of a disabled young woman in regional NSW
- Appearing on behalf of a large chain of nursing homes in two separate inquests involving accidental deaths of dementia patients by reason of their escape from nursing home premises
- Appearing on behalf of a nursing home with respect to the accidental death/potential suicide of a resident with early onset dementia as a result of alcoholism
Other examples include:
- Appearing for a general practitioner in an inquest held into the suicide of a young woman following her discharge from hospital: Inquest into the death of Naomi Watson Ley, 3 May 2018
- Acting for a general practitioner charged with common assault (charges dismissed) and in the Medical Council of New South Wales in relation to the doctor’s registration
- Acting for an insurer in a dispute between two community care services entities with respect to alleged breaches of copyright
- Advising and conducting the defence of claims for United Medical Protection, MIPS, TMF, Mayne Health and Medical Insurance Group Australiaincluding claims against doctors, nurses, private hospitals, VMOs in public hospitals, radiology and pathology labs, and other health related persons/bodies
- Contact us -
DISCOVER HOW OUR EXPERT TEAM CAN HELP YOU
Contact us to find out more & book an appointment today.