Bharat was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2001, as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2009 and the Federal and High Court of Australia in 2018.
Bharat has extensive litigation experience from his time practising in England and is also experienced in international cross-border personal injury litigation.
Bharat specialises in acting for Defendants in complex claims resulting from latent diseases in a range of Australian jurisdictions including the High Court, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria and South Australia and Queensland.
- Post Graduate Dip in Legal Practice – College of Law
- LL.B (Hons) – Anglia Ruskin University
Particular examples of Bharat’s experience are:
- Acting for and advising clients in Heil v Rankin & Anor  EWCA Civ 84 in the consideration of whether the Law Commission’s recommendation that the level of damages for non-pecuniary loss for personal injuries should be increased
- Acting for and advising in the conduct of proceedings relating to s18 of the Insurance Act 1902 (NSW): Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd v Bluescope Steel Ltd (2014) 87 NSWLR 332
- Assisting in the conduct of an application for special leave to the High Court of Australia in an asbestos related claim:Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd v Pomfret & Another  HCA Trans 225
- Conducting proceedings concerning the interpretation of the insurance provisions in s.151AB of the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (NSW) as amended: CGU Insurance Ltd v AAI Limited  NSWCA 335
- Assisting in the conduct of an application for special leave to appeal to the High Court of Australia: Wallaby Grip Limited & Anor v WorkCover Queensland  HCATrans 128