- Julia O’Brien
- Law Graduate
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7053
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia holds a Bachelor of Arts, a Master of Research (Philosophy) and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Macquarie University. She is currently working towards her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice through the College of Law in New South Wales.
Julia has been employed as a Paralegal with YPOL for the past 5 years. Prior to joining YPOL, Julia was involved in collaborating with a team of researchers, academics and legal practitioners as a Research Officer at Macquarie University, where she was involved in summarising Australian cases with a neuroscientific component for the purpose of launching a publicly accessible legal database.
In 2017, Julia won the Macquarie Law School prize for first place in International Dispute Settlement.
Julia’s experience to date includes:-
- assisting in the conduct of commercial litigation in the Supreme Court of New South Wales;
- assisting with the successful defence of oppression proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- assisting in the conduct of professional negligence claims against solicitors;
- assisting with the provision of advice to insurers in relation to indemnity disputes; and
- assisting in the conduct of proceedings involving the application of international law.
Julia has been involved with the Australian Insurance Law Association since 2015, when she assisted with arranging a guest speaker for a young professionals seminar involving critical thinking.