John joined YPOL in 2020 having previously gained expertise in providing general insurance and litigation advice at a number of other specialist insurance litigation firms.
John‘s focus is in the areas of professional indemnity and financial lines having acted for a range of professional insureds including solicitors, engineers and certifiers. He also assists in providing coverage advice in connection with class action proceedings against financial institutions.
John also has extensive experience in general liability, personal injury, property damage and recovery claims.
- Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Laws, University of Newcastle, (2010)
Particular examples of John’s experience are:
- Acting in numerous professional indemnity claims against solicitors.
- Acting for the professional indemnity insurer of a property manager, defending a claim made by a tenant who was catastrophically injured in a gas explosion at a leased residential premises.
- Advising excess loss insurers on coverage in connection with class action proceedings brought against financial institutions, financial advisers and superannuation trustees.
- Defending an insured engineering contractor against a recovery claim for damage to an electrical substation caused by the alleged failure of support structures designed by the insured.
- Acting for the NSW roads authority in a recovery action for extensive damage and repair costs to a major Sydney tunnel caused by an over-height truck.