- Julia O’Brien
- Phone: +61 2 9231 7053
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia holds a Bachelor of Arts, a Master of Research (Philosophy) and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Macquarie University.
Julia has been employed as a Paralegal with YPOL for the past 5 years. Prior to joining YPOL, Julia was involved in collaborating with a team of researchers, academics and legal practitioners as a Research Officer at Macquarie University, where she was involved in summarising Australian cases with a neuroscientific component for the purpose of launching a publicly accessible legal database.
In 2017, Julia won the Macquarie Law School prize for first place in International Dispute Settlement.
Julia’s experience to date includes:-
- assisting in the conduct of commercial litigation in the Supreme Court of New South Wales;
- assisting with the successful defence of oppression proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- assisting in the conduct of professional negligence claims against solicitors;
- assisting with the provision of advice to insurers in relation to indemnity disputes; and
- assisting in the conduct of proceedings involving the application of international law.
Julia has been involved with the Australian Insurance Law Association since 2015, when she assisted with arranging a guest speaker for a young professionals seminar involving critical thinking.